IBM 5.25" Diskette Drive Adapter
- Cabling Information
Internal drives (connector P2)
Drive/s connected to 34-pin edge connector P2.
• Click here to see a cabling diagram.
• You need to use the particular cable shown at here. The IBM controller expects it.
• Do not accidentally use the hard drive type of twisted cable. Difference shown at here.
• For 5.25" drives, terminate as appropriate, per the diagram at here.
External drives (connector J1)
Drive/s connected to 37-pin 'D' connector J1.
• DOS does not automatically use these. You will need to use DRIVER.SYS (with suitable parameters).
• Cabling and termination is as per connector P2.
• Connector J1 does not supply power.
• Click here for detailed information on using an external 3.5" diskette drive.